Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long run

So today was my long run day and I was supposed to run 6 miles. I had a route mapped out a little shorter about 5.6. I tried to drink in the morning but just managed to drink a coffee, a glass of water and 1/2 glass of grapefruit juice and I had a whole wheat french toast with some syrup. Last night I drank a little too much wine and my kids woke me up at 7am!!! I was really apprehensive I think I only ran more than 3.5 miles a few times and that was a loooong time ago.
I have to say that the first 3.5 miles were great. The route started with a small hill and then it was a long slow downhill the last 2 miles are flat with some small ups and downs which I find to be really hard.
I completely ran out of steam at mile 4.5 I had to walk a little then ran until 4.86 and stopped again.
I'm still glad cuz I went eventhough I didn't run the whole thing.. I'll try to eat better, drink better before and maybe try one of the gel thingy at mile 3.5....
Now my body is super tired and I think I'm gonna either sleep while the kids are napping or just knit.
Now that I did the 3 types of run from the training these are my goals: Follow the intervals schedule, increase the mileage of the tempo and the long run slower... For the next few weeks I'll try to run 4-4.5 miles tempo and 5.5-6 miles long run. I'll increase the mileage when I feel confortable running that.
I have to say that I love running and the feeling of achievement it gives me. Yes I felt like puking and pretty miserable some of the times but hey nothing's easy right!!!!
Thanks to Jessica and Carmen for motivating me...

No comments: