Monday, June 20, 2011

Challenge

Last week as I was trudging along on my 3M run I decided that I needed to put focus back into my workout life! Yes I am ashamed to admit that as soon as I stopped working with the coach well I stopped working out all together. The only excuse I was able to come up with is that I lost direction, I lost the passion that was driving me. All of sudden I was deflated, racing totally lost its appeal and thus training had no purpose.
I guess this year is the year of finding a new balance. Maybe playing the game "who is Sophie?" is the purpose of my life it sure feels like it most of the time.
This year though has been a bit different, I crossed to the dark side of the 30is.. I know I am not old and gosh I hope I look half as good as most 40+ year old I know but working with people who graduated from high school the year I got married doesn't do much for feeling young!
I think the harder part was to have my daughter leave daycare. A school we have been going to every single day for the past 7 years. Leaving people who saw and took care of both of my kids from 3month old until 5!
So back to my challenge and lack of gusto in training. I decided to try something new. I obviously don't feel like racing these days the mental pressure I put on myself is simply too much. But I thought what about challenging my self to do the following for the next 12 months:
- Monday Yoga/Off
- Tuesday 30-45 min run
- Wednesday 30-45 min run
- Thursday Yoga
- Friday 30-45 min run
- Saturday 1:30-2:00 bike (alternating between road bike and mountain bike)
- Sunday 60-90 min run.
3 weeks on 1 week lighter so on and so forth.
I don't worry about mileage or speed I just want to get out there challenge myself with the terrain and the consistency.
I am only allowed to miss a workout for another workout and only 1 run/week unless sick!
This is my challenge lets see if I can do it.
Today: - 41min run
The other challenge that I think every other woman has is to lose those damned 5-10lbs. I won't bore you with the details but I decided to really try this time...
Tonight I cooked:
- Ono steak which is a Hawaiian fish much like sword fish B cooked it on the BBQ (yes we did have fish tonight)
- Green pea sauce
- Orzo pasta
- Cherries
- 1 glass of white wine.
Now it is time to shower and go read.... Good night
BTW I'm still sewing although I have to move my stuff back downstairs and I need to post on those said projects

No comments: