Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays

Lots of sewing lately or rather sewing projects. After deciding that it was OK for me to buy patterns I found those groups from Blank Slate Patterns and tackled the blazer for MAC's christmas. I apologize no pictures, I'm really bad at taking pictures while sewing.... I always remember once the garment is done and well it is a little too late.
Anyways I was able to use some fabric I bought 2.5 years ago. It is a pinstripe navy cotton, it is gorgeous. I doubled it with some natural linen. He exclaimed with a huge smile "this is kind of cozy! Mama this week end we need to make sign that says Bopple (my label) children's clothes for sale!". It melt my heart!

On the project list:

  • MEC's christmas dress, inspired by JCrew
  • Flannel pyjamas
  • some dresses, some pants all kinds of stuff!
I have been listening to Train California 37's album and some of the songs have awesome lyrics. Such as Mermaid, California 37, Drive by, 50 ways to say Goodbye are my favorites.... Go listen up and hopefully it will make you smile!

Other music loves of the moment, Lana Del Rey. I am rediscovering Yann Tiersen widely known for the soundtrack of "Amelie".

I finally read and devoured 50 shades series. I liked it a lot. It is really light reading and if you can get past the erotism of the book it is an interesting book with interesting characters.

If I don't write a post between now and then Happy Holidays!

No comments: