Thursday, May 8, 2008

A book is like a comfy sweater...

Hmmm a book is like a comfy sweater... It should feel good.
I love to curl up at night with something nice to read. It is true that lately I don't always have the energy to read intelectual stuff sadly but I do like to read, and reread...
I have favorites book that make me feel good that I've read sooo many times that I know them by heart.
I read fast and a lot I remember my dad quizzing me while I was devouring the "Player" from Dostoievsky when I was 16. He could not believe that I retained anything since I just read so fast.

I'm allways amused by the fact that when I find an author I like I have to read all his books one after the other. Growing up I had my periods Zola, Maupassant, George Sand, Tchekov, Dostoievsky, Tolstoi, Barjavel etc....

My bedroom had a big bookcase just around my desk and when I was procrastinating instead of doing my homework I would pick up a book and start reading. I don't read linearly either I start reading, then I skip to see how the story develop, I look at the end then back where I was etc.... Weird I know but I always finish a book.

That was then now a full time job and two kids later my taste are more thrillers and chick lit. Marian Keyes and Jane Green are my current favorites...

I know I wish I could say I read some super intelectual matter that will enlight me why the world is in such a sad state today but I prefer to regal myself with love stories and relationship....
On those words a new episode of NCSI is calling me....

No comments: