Monday, September 1, 2008

What is possessing me

In the last month I have decided that I will run the Carlsbad half marathon in January. Since this event will happen 3 weeks after we get back from France where we exercize our forks and glasses more than running I decided to start training early. Oh boy I didn't realize that 2 month of very very little running will throw me back to the really starting point of running.
Also it has been really muggy lately and I hate running when it is humid and warm.

But I have to admit that after 3 weeks I was able to run a slow 5 miles loop at 2pm and it was hot (about 87F)

I also started obsessing about triathlon. This is one activity that has always tempted me and I decided that the best way to start would be to add swimming and biking to my training.... So now I run 3 times a week, swim once a week and bike once a week.

My body isn't really happy with me. It went from relaxing on the couch to do all those things. Anyways this is my latest obsession. I don't know why maybe it has to do because I was never very athletic. I did swim and run and bike but never to a point where I would push my limit.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am not getting any younger and that my body isn't as slim as it once used to and never was that muscular.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I live in a country where you see so many kids already big and that I want my kids to get used to the fact that exercize is part of life.
Finally maybe it has to do with the fact that I have to challenge myself and maybe find an activity that both helps my mind and my fitness level.
We will see where this adventure will take me I just hope that I found something that I like. My husband has surfing I would like to have my own atheletic outlet ;)

No comments: