Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweety why is the ratatouille spicy....

So when I saw tomatoes, eggplant, and some kind of peppers I was all happy because that was an excuse to make ratatouille. It is easy, it is healthy and brings back memory of home (france).
I'm the kindof a cook who just make do with what I have. I do tend to substitute remove and add with what I have in my pantry. This is probably why I love cooking more than baking. The latter forcing me to read a recipe and follow it....

Anyhow, I didn't have bell peppers so I used the longish looking bell peperish that I got from my CSA loot. I did taste them a bit before throwing them in with the diced tomatoes, the sauteed onion garlic and eggplant. I didn't want the whole dish to go to waste. The raw piece passed the taste test however 3 whole pepper gave a little kick to my ratatouille.
I served it with some couscous and a pork loin cooked very simply in the oven with a splash or two maybe even three of red wine.

The bok choy were prepared asian style with some chicken and homemade asian barbecue sauce and some white rice.
Brocolis were fed to the kiddos
Salad and cilantro made for a refreshing post mountain bike lunch
Pears were added to homemade pancakes and to a pound cake,as in if you eat a piece you will add a 1lb to your overall weight, tasty treats though.
Aples were served cooked with white saussages.

This week's loot is going to be a bit more tricky
  • 1 bunch of swiss chard
  • 1 bunch of kale
  • 2 boxes of small chery tomatoes
  • 2 heads of lettuce
  • 6 beets
  • 1 bunch of carrots (very very tasty)
  • 1 head of brocoli
  • 3 persimons
  • 8 small plumbs
  • More red aples
  • 2 grapefruits
Lets see what comes out of this.....

No comments: