Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Struggling with the posting

So yeah as you may have noticed I haven't posted in a while... well I'm not sure what posting is all about to be honest. Is it my time to brag about all the things I do or just share some of the stuff I enjoy doing.
I'll assume it's more the latter and go on with my posting.

Sadly not a heck of a lot has happened since my last post.... I did do my part in our Half Ironman Relay. We did arrive 6th out of 7 team which was well a tad humbling but ah well. Trained well I could have pulled a better performance but see after like a 4 month break of training, and 5 weeks of almost training what do you expect! Well I did finish the 56M rather flat bike ride in 3:16. I think it is the first time I cross the finish line knowing that there was nothing but I mean nothing left in me!
It is the first time in my entire life I felt my leg burn that much! I mean at the end of a half marathon I'm hurting but it is usually a mix of pain of nausea. This time it was pure muscle burning!

Since then I've tried to stick with the training plan but I'm not really in a racing mode more in a trying to find the right balance mode. This I have to do alone because well I don't do well with no workouts.
I have decided to try to go for at least 4 workouts a week. A mix of swim, run and mountain bike.
We will see how this goes. So far so good.

On the craft front, not too much has been happening. I did finish my first curtain panel. I'm pretty pleased with myself because I took my time, followed direction and it turned out pretty nice. Now I just have to do it three more times!

The problem is that we are going to Seattle for Thanksgiving in exactly 4 weeks and I had high hopes to make the kiddos jackets for the trip! Not sure if that is going to happen but I'd like to try....

On the cooking front, I've been loving making my bread thanks to Made By Rae for the hint on the book yummy and easy recipe in that post http://www.made-by-rae.com/2011/06/its-miracle-i-tell-you-i-made-bread/
I made some plumb jam with a recipe courtesy of http://notdabblinginnormal.wordpress.com/2010/06/19/no-pectin-nectarine-or-plum-jam/
Finally we tried the sour cream pancake recipe posted by http://www.dreambookdesign.com/ in one of her food post and I used half sour cream half plain full fat yogurt and it was delicious! Probably the easiest and best pancakes we ever cooked on a sunday morning....

Now I need to go cook our dinner, roasted brussel sprouts, potatoes and pork chop if the menu doesn't change between the upstair bedroom and the kitchen....



No comments: