Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy moments

I have been using this blog a lot to share/brag/rant about my training. Eventhough triathlon has helped me somewhat balance/structure my daily life by imposing a routine it isn't my whole world.
I would like to put down on electronic paper those moments that reminds you why you do what you do. Those moments that reminds you that you did good and bring this inner peace in a turmoiled mind.
Of course now I can't find my words pictures would be so much easier.
Lets give it a go... My favorite one which happened more than once, is when I had a productive day at work, did my workout as planned, pick up two little angels, come home to a clean house thanks to Noemy prepare dinner listen to music or B playing the guitars, watch the kids dance or giggle.
Those do happen quite often, usually on thursday night since that's when my house fairy comes.
Gosh this post sounded much better in my head before I started typing anything!

Ah well, I started cooking again more, yesterday B had his piano lesson thus was home later. Since this week end was crazy busy I of course didn't make time to go to Trader Joes. My cupboards are empty of basics and so I decided to be brave, pick up the kids and go to Trader Joes with them. Thankfully they were in the angel phase and thus we were able to load up on goodies. Tonight, I decided to make marinated pork chops with a zuchini tian.
For the marinade, I squeezed a lemon, added some olive oil, then I added some chopped herbs from the garden, basil, oregano and thyme. B then bbq them.
For the side dish, you slice zuchinis, in this case they were the yellow squash, tomatoes (from the garden) and fresh mozarella. I rubbed the dish with garlic then put a slice of zuchini, a slice of tomato until the dish is full. After that I put some mozarella in between veggies every once in a while.
I drizzled some olive oil, some balsamic vinegar and some chopped basil. Put it in the oven until the cheese is brown and the veggies are cooked. Enjoy with a glass of pinot noir ;)

1 comment:

JV said...

Sounds yummy and simple! I'll have to try this!