Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy busy busy....

Oh boy am I busy right now... I am squeezed like a lemon between tight work deadlines, sick kids, the need to go exercize and life in general.
Today I had to take my son to the pediatrician because he had headaches and it is always good to check things out. So instead of going for my planned run I picked up my son from daycare and took him to the doctor. It was a great visit, he is fine which helps a lot and he was so happy to have this unplanned time with me. He talked about it all afternoon!

So tonight when I picked up the kids I was looking forward to Miles asking to go eat out like he does. I was tired, I had a headache I didn't feel like cooking!
But no no mention of Sammy's woodfired pizza so like a reasonnable person I took the fish out of the freezer and decided that we would have a healthy dinner tonight.

So after the kids went to bed I looked in my french cookbook and found the sauce I wanted to make to go with my fish... Well I should say my version of the sauce because french gourmet cook have a tendency to lighten a sauce using butter which is for Californian heresy ahahah.
Anyways I sauteed some shallots and garlic in olive oil added a dash of ginger,
Then I added a glass of white wine followed by a little bit of beurre manie (which is a mixture of butter and flour used to thicken sauces) a little cream always for a sauce. I let it thicken a little and finished the sauce by adding a dash of curry powder.

Bryan likes fish only with sauce to distract him from the fish hehehe! except when eating sushi.
I breaded some orange roughy fillet and sauteed them in a little olive oil, boiled some brocolini which I find much more tasty than brocoli, along with some rice noodles I needed some carbs and was felt like experimenting.
We drank some Honeymoon Viognier from Tradder Joes.
It was a really nice dinner which helped put the tension from the day away!

I am dreaming of a vacation in the carribean.... Maybe one day! My bed is calling me along with my laundry.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

mmmm that sounds delicious! will have to try sometime.