Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Flowers flowers I love flowers ....

Something you need to all know is that I love flowers. I even worked at a flower shop when I was in highschool on sunday morning.
It is one of my secret dream to open a flower shop.
So my friend Jessica is getting married and since they try to keep a reasonnable budget and that flowers in this country are insanely expensive I opened my big mouth and offered to help. Since then my brain has been fizzing with ideas literaly ideas are popping like bubbles in a soda... yes that many. Trust me I think Jessica is wondering what she got herself into. I NEED creative outlets...
Anyways the wedding is not until december but since I want to deliver something professional looking and different I did play around this week end with different ideas and made my first "wedding bouquet". To get a feel for what she likes but also to show what I do. Here are some pictures so you can judge for yourself.







I only had 10 minutes to do it so it is not as finished as I would like it to be but it is a first idea. She is looking for a longer, simpler bouquet rather than a round bouquet.
The color theme is green and white which I think is really beautiful. The flowers I used in this bouquet were green calla lily, bells of Ireland (green bells), lys, bear grass, some twig, tea leaf, and another flower I don't remember the name.
For my next try I would need to replace the lys by another white flower. They are beautiful but their perfume is too strong. I would chose white calla lily instead of green.
I then added the rest of the flowers and some deep red gerberas to finish my weekly bouquet.

1 comment:

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.