Thursday, June 19, 2008

Running in summer ...

Well I'm trying to keep up with my exercize regimen which isn't allways easy. Errands, sick kids, work deadlines and meeting are often getting the way of my lunch run but now the weather is not helping me. Well it is summer in San Diego after all and I shouldn't be complaining about the beautiful weather we have been getting but hey running at lunch when it is 90 degrees is not easy for me.
Some people I know love to work out in the heat. It justs cuts my legs and energy and after a painful 2.5 miles with stops, I have headaches all afternoon.

I am proud cuz I did it but I will have to figure something out for the rest of the summer! I will try one of the following:
- get up early 6:30am and go for a run then
- get up as usual but get to work around 8am and run there
- run in the evening - not likely to happen since I like to spend time with the kids by that time and have my evening glass of wine to end my work day and start my evening ; )
Will keep you posted on the progress of my new workout regimen! I hope I can find something that works because running is so good for me.

No comments: