Sunday, March 20, 2011

Projects...

I don't know if the gray sky are my inspirations or just the sheer volume of projects awaiting my attention are forcing me to finish the ones in progress. This week end was quite productive in that area. First of all 2 months after starting my bookshelf project, both are up and filled up! I'm very happy with how they turned out and it is perfect!


I then started on a corner shelf to host the router in the guest bedroom. I went with a rounded design which for my first time isn't bad at all. The shelf is stained and finished. The brackets have been spray painted a mat black and will be mounted as soon as they are dry!


I still have to be more carfeful to erase any pencil mark before starting to finish a piece!
I put the construction of the nightstand on hold until I print and follow Ana White's direction.
Then another project sounded very very appealing for a rainy sunday afternoon. Touch up, print and frame a bunch of family pictures and hang them in the stair case and downstairs bathroom
I am not a big fan of that minty green. I was shooting for a more "brocolinish" green so I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the downstairs bathroom.
For the picture in the staircase I decided to have them all black and white, It is a start and needs much more but I like the way it is looking. My favorite picture the vertical big frame on the right of the wall :)

On top of all this projects bonanza, I managed to:
  • clean up the kitchen
  • Fold & put away a load of laundry and start a new wash
  • Clean up
  • Cook saussage risotto, salad and aple/caramel crumble

I didn't workout but I did pull a muscle in my thigh this will be my excuse of the week end!

I'm really really loving where my house is heading!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

looks great, esp the bookshelves!