Saturday, March 8, 2008

Running week...

I thought I could jump right into a 10 weeks training for a half marathon after running 2-6 miles a week not even that regularly shows you how much of a fool I am... But hey I thought I can do it! But my body is screaming at me what are you doing to me. I have been passing out on my couch at 9:45pm when I used to be up until 11:30....

So I am taking a step back which isn't easy for me without feeling like I'm failing and decided to actually increase my mileage gradually...

This week I did Tuesday the week 3 interval training which as way easier than I expected. I started by jogging for 9 minutes at 5.6 mph, did the 3*1600 at 6.5mph with 2 min recovery jog at 5.7 then finished with 5 min jog at 5.9mph

On tuesday I went running with Jess at work outdoors for a 4 mile tempo run @6.1mph which wasn't tempo at all (5.9 mpg) and a little shorter 3.9 miles we made a wrong turn. It was a hard run it was warm and I was tired and had to stop a little.
Finally today I did my "long run" which turned into another 3.5 mile loop because after gardening I didn't have the energy. However I tackled Bryan's loop which is hills for the first half the run and then down hill.... this was a good tempo run at 6.2 mph.

So I didn't run a long run again this week end and my tuesday tempo run was a little sluggish so what... it will take me more than 10 weeks to train to be able to run 12 miles but I did increase my mileage this week and did run 3 times... which is what is important for me at this point.
Do I wish that I could breeze through a 6 mile run yes no doubt and yes I'm bummed because I can't but maybe if I continue like that will I be able to do that in a few weeks...

At this time fitting these 3 runs and yoga into my busy schedule isn't easy and trust me this afternoon I wanted to go lay down instead of charging up hill!

Like everything else running long distance is hard takes practice and time. Luckily for me I do enjoy running so I try to keep it enjoyable while pushing my limits a little.

This whole post is an argument with myself to make me realize that it is actually hard to run more than 4 miles and that it will take time!!!!

No comments: