Saturday, June 20, 2009

So long since I last posted...

Sorry for not posting for so long. I always complain when my light reading is not maintained up to date and then I look at the date of my last post and I am ashamed to see that has been so long.
I don't quite know what to babbler about. Training has been doing well, I can now go swim in the ocean without feeling like I can't breathe. I still have to make a conscious effort to keep the bad images and thoughts at bay. I went for 1M swim at the cove and got sea sick from the swell. This morning was a short swim at Fletcher Cove to practice surf entry and exit for the Solana Beach Triathlon. The weather has been really really gloomy lately which doesn't make the ocean apealing at all.
Anyhow I managed to get out there, swim swallow a few unpleasant gulps of sea water. Do I feel ready for the next triathlon heck no but hey you gotta start somewhere!
I also decided to work on my speed. I joined a group last week to go for a track workout and odly enough I enjoyed myself. B has also been saying that I should be able to go faster if only I could decouple my breathing from my gait. So I decided to hire him as my running coach. His years as a soccer player and the subsequent years as a runner are qualifying him to get me better. Today he decided to make me do 40M sprints. That is going to be interesting.
Finally since hills are the key to improving your speed on the bike as well you will find me going up and down Torrey Pines hills on Sunday. I am planning on going 3 times we will see.
My goal for this next triathlon is to beat myoverall PR by 2 minutes if not more. I have no idea if it is at all possible.
Other than that we have had to take an impromptu trip to Montana which turned out to be a nice one given the sad circumstances. I love that place, I love the calm, nature and lake. Why do I have to swim in an ocean? Give me a lake and I'll be happy.
It was so peaceful out there that it kicked up my cravings for a simpler life again.
But since B just got a new job in San Diego I think we will be there for a while longer ;) Now that he has a job in Carlsbad we have been toying with the idea of moving slightly north of where we are and of course I just found my dream house, a small cottage like 3B/2B with a nice yard, but sadly slightly out of our price range. I love San Diego but would like to move in a house with a slightly bigger yard to grow more vegetables ahahaha.
To celebrate the new job we went to the Del Mar *Market restaurant. It is comparable to Georges at the Cove or Laurel. The food was absolutely delicious. It is our new special occasion restaurant for sure. Lucky that our 10th anniversary celebration is coming up soon.
So in short, the weather has been gloomy and so have I a little. I try to push my training a little to get a little faster both biking and running and confortable in the water to get through the swim. More later....

No comments: