Wednesday, March 31, 2010

two steps forward one step backwards


I'm referring to posting. I have been looking at my last post and the days that have gone by... I have grumbled at the lack of posts on the blogs I follow.... But yet each time I start this post I stop discard and walk away.

So what's new... not much. Training is going well, although a little shaken up by our routine changes. My parents are in town. It is awesome since I haven't seen then in a whole year (Really really don't like that). I love to see them interact with my kids. I haven't done laundry since they arrived and miracle our closets are bursting out the seams... I had no idea we all had so many tee shirts ;) We have weekly date nights!
All this is great but my routine is a little shaken up
and thus my training is suffering a little. Well last week was a little lazy and I only did 5:30 hours. This week looks better ;)
However I did one of my hardest training session ever. My coach organizes this legendary brick session, for the non-triathletes a brick session is a bike followed by a run. In this 1 hour session we do 3 intervals of bike training on our trainer then run. When I told her at the beginning of the session that I forgot my heart rate monitor she told me with a huge smile ah don't worry you'll be working as hard as you can anyways! I started being worried. So after the first interval I had this deer in the headlight look on my face thinking what did I get myself into! It is one thing to think it is going to be a tough session another completely to go through it ;) Anyways so in my head goes oh crap I have a date night after that I hope I can keep it together. When I told her hey you know I'm not sure I can go through the last intervals big smile and sweet talk.... You are not gonna give up are you ;)
So I didn't give up, I went through the whole workout and my ego was again tucked away neatly in my pocket because I was the slowest of the bunch. I felt my legs the next two days.

I am so thrilled I hired this coach. I love working with her and it helps a lot as I train 99% of the time alone. Actually that is another bonus of my parents being there is that B has been keeping me company on my workouts. He pisses me off because he is sooo much better than I am but hey little by little we become less little.

On a side note my coach who is a pro XTerra triathlete (triathlon off road!) and finished 2nd of the world championship in Hawai last year, finished 2nd of the Oceanside Half ironman last sunday. She was competing against pretty big names in the field! Now it motivates me to work harder!

On sunday I totally flaked on my ride and instead sew a princess dress for MEC. She has been asking me for one since her sleep over and snody as I am I didn't want to buy a 30$ crappy dress. Instead I decided I would sew her one. We went to Joann fabric and bought some really cool brocade and a pattern. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever sewn but also since I wanted to do it properly I cut everything, basted everything and thus it was actually fairly easy to put together. We did have a little episode when a piece of the sewing machine came undone. I couldn't figure out how to put it back, a screw fell inside the machine, then we had to undo most of the sewing machine to get it back. I was so close to throw the damn thing away and go buy a brand new one.


This is all I have to report at this time....

No comments: