Monday, November 8, 2010

All the gear and no idea aka "Black Beauty"


WTF is that all about... Well this saturday I splurged big time! Thanks to our stock and an early birthday/christmas present combo I am the proud owner of a super duper cool mountain bike!
I never named my bike I already thought it was a bit weird thing to do but I don't know when I saw it I knew that it would have a name and it will be black beauty! Cheesy cheesy but here it is ....


I love the mat black with hot pink accent! Very like me... just the right amount of girliness ;)
Anyways I took it out for a spin with B in the Penasquitos/Del Mar Mesa area. I won't lie to you I wanted to be riding my road bike to get to the trail. There are some steep hills to get there. Once on the trail though it was love at first sight. I loved the fact that just behind suburbia you have a piece of nature heaven. I went down my first steep steep hill, learned how the bike handles what to do etc... Then we did some pretty easy single track stuff. Took some steep turns and I made some very girly sounds and of course fell in the bushes. Well I didn't know that when you start pedaling and you pull a bit on the handle bar the whole bike would do a wheely! Heck I've never been able to do a wheely in my entire life!
So a scratched knee later and bruised ego we finished my first outing!
I can't wait to go out again! Can Software engineer be called off work so they go out an play ;) Oops no we'll have to wait until the week end.
While out on the trails I also decided that trail running sounded darn good and so I started looking into putting a small group of girls to go trail running!
To get the kids into biking we took them on the 56 bike path. MEC wasn't crying as much as on her first outing and she actually had a great time. Her little legs were pumping happily until she started complaining that her legs were too tired... MAC was running circles around us. It was great fun and we will be going out soon again!

After a trip to "In-n-out" burgers to get the kids out of the house while B worked for a bit, I went for my 2H00 run. My stomach behaved considering the double and double I wolfed down an hour before.
Like a turtle I slowly but steadily I managed to run 9.5M while keeping my HR at a decent zone.
Today was the first day of my recovery week. Eventhough I took two days off last week because of extreme soreness I am embracing this recovery week.


No comments: