Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yum Yum

So it is recovery week so well I don't have many workouts and well I just ditched today's.... Well life caught up, Von's trip after picking up the kids from school, cleaning up the house so I can find my inner peace in a clean kitchen. (Don't ask) A dire need of a glass of wine didn't really helped my motivation. So there went the bike workout oops.

What else, well I've been hit or miss when it comes to cooking. I don't want to cook and then I creat something new.

Anyways tonight B told me he was getting sick and that he wanted something tasty, and comfort food like. Bacon, pasta came to mind, I came accross a potato, bacon green onion tart recipe on Williams Sonoma with one of my favorite cheese (Roblochon). I'm sure you probably know by now why I still have 5lbs to lose eventhough I work out like a lot.

So anyways I skimmed over a pasta recipe that sounded interested and this is what I made:

- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 big clove of garlic
- a few chili flakes
- 2 bratwurst saussages without casing
- two tomatoes grated
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pasta
- 1/2 - 1 cup of mushrom

Crush the fennel seeds and add the clove garlic, add the chili flakes.
In a pan add a glub of olive oil and sautee the garlic/fennel mixture
Add the saussage crumbled
Dice the mushrooms and add it to the mixture
Cook a bit and let the water evaporate
Add the port wine (it gives the rich sweet taste)
Grate the tomatoes add to the mixture
Cook for a bit
Add the cream.

Sprinkle some blue cheese if wanted.
Enjoy!





No comments: