Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week end todo list review

So, I'm pretty pleased as we have done a lot of the stuff we had to do today. My car has 4 brand new tires and it cost me 400$ less than expected and they will last (I hope) 3 times longer yay! B's car got some TLC as well. The kiddos went to swimming lesson and had a play date they are now watching "Despicable Me" and they thought the lounge of Jiffy Lube was a "cool place" ;)
I went for a 8.5M run not quite as long as I wanted but 3min Hard hill repeat simply kicked my butt. B is now going running. We dropped off "Black Beauty" to be repaired from our crash last week end and she'll be ready to go for next week end.
Now I just have to figure out what to do for dinner and enjoy the evening!

On the exercise front, I have decided that first and foremost I want to have fun! I don't want to dread my workouts I want to feel like going for that run and pushing myself. Hello I'm not a professional here while being serious about it it is still for fun!
That being said I'm a bit worried for next week's half because well I signed up like that not planning on it. This is great because I didn't train for it at all I just trained like I always do. It is a bit scary because well I don't know what to expect, but it is also quite liberating.
I want to go out there and give it my best but beyond that well it is just a race.
On the mountain biking front, I am very very happy to report that my leg is very colorful. MEC actually asked me what I had on my hip and why it was colorful. When I explained that it was just a big bruise she said "cool" ;) My arm is all scabbed now.
And well I can't wait to get back on my bike! I can't wait to learn how to handle that beast better and just go out there and have fun! I will walk that hill next time, I know I will be scared again and I will fall again and hurt my self and scream and wail like a baby.
After talking to some more expert bikers I found a couple half day clinics one in Penasquitos but I have to wait until April 2nd and one a bit further away. We will see where I end up but I am like a kid waiting for christmas to happen.
I think after this half I'm gonna limit my long run the 1:30-1:45 and play more on the bike.
I did sign up for SDIT so I will have to go back in the pool... Oh swimming I haven't missed you at all.
So now post run hunger is striking so I better get downstairs and eat my post run snack!

1 comment:

bex said...

Yup! I decided to have fun as well and I'm much happier. Sounds like you're having a great weekend!