Sunday, January 9, 2011

Proud ???

So for this new year I decided to leave my bad brain somewhere in the dust... I decided to accept what my body gives me, it is hard though. Anyhow my training since last February is paying off not really how I imagined but is it ever.
First of all having a coach has made me increase my workout volume. I used to pull a 4H00 training/week maybe 5h00 on a good week. Now a good week looks more like 8H00. I was never able to run back to back. Now I do it routinely! I hated hills well I'm still huffing and puffing but at least they don't scare me as much. My easy runs were 30min now they are 1h00. I can run 2H00 any given sunday!
So I should be proud but well it is always hard to be stoked to run 10M in 2H00 when B can cover 14M in the same amount of time.
I don't know what Carlsbad will bring and I don't really care... These are my goals:
1- I'm having a great race would be close to 2:00
2- I'm having a good race would be between 2:10 and 2:05
3- I'm having an ok race would be whatever

However the main goal for this race is to cross that finish line with a big smile on my face and be proud of what I've accomplished no matter the pace!
So since this is 2011 I am proud that I ran 2H00 after a not so great 3 weeks training! I am so proud to not pull out of the race. So now onto sushi!

No comments: