Friday, February 15, 2008

Tuesday lunch run

Today we went for a 3 mile run outside at lunch. It was a nice run and it went better than I expected... I didn't stop ;) I ran with two other co-workers and it was fun and motivating. Bryan gave me for christmas a Garmin GPS watch thingy to keep me motivated and I love this little toy. I can't wait to be at a level where running an hour on a trails won't be synonym of death penalty ;) It yells at me when I go too fast or too slow it tells me when I hit the 1 miles mark etc... If you want details on our loop Click Here The few times we stopped were for the lights... just in case you were wondering. Why do I run? I like it I know I'm a bit crazy but I do, I haven't been as consistent as I wished I'd been for the last 9 years but hey I try. I had to adapt and go run at lunch... I have some goals concerning running that I would like to share with you that way you can throw them back at me I want: - to train regularly so 5-6 miles isn't impossible but just a run - try to lose those naggy 9 lbs and get back to my happy weight of 110 lbs for the summer. - to run a half marathon before I'm 35 I'm shooting for the Carlsbad half marathon next january don't forget to throw that one back at me on Dec 30th 2009!!! - to participate in a triathlon in my life... for this one you'll have to come at my death bed ;) My friend Jessica is training for the La Jolla half and although I won't be joinging her in the race I will train with her the days we run together. She picked up this training schedule from the runners world website I believe and it looks doable although I'm not too sure about the 8 miles run at lunch. Week 1:
Tuesday : 4x 400 intervals Thursday: 3 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 6 mile long run Week 2:
Tuesday : 4x800 intervals Thursday: 4 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 8 miles Week 3:
Tuesday : 4x1600 intervals Thursday: 5 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 10 miles Week 4:
Tuesday : 6x400 intervals Thursday: 6 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 6 miles Week 5:
Tuesday : 3x1600intervals Thursday: 4 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 10 miles Week 6:
Tuesday : 4x800 intervals Thursday: 8 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 8 miles Week 7:
Tuesday : 6x400 intervals Thursday: 6 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 10 miles Week 8:
Tuesday : 4x1600 intervals Thursday: 8 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 12 miles Week 9:
Tuesday : 3x800 intervals Thursday: 4 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : 6 miles Week 10:
Tuesday : 4x400 intervals Thursday: 2 mile tempo run Sat/Sun : Race Anyways I just ate back all the benefits of this run so much for goal nb 1 at PF Chang's tonight. On this note I'm gonna crash because Yoga and Running are kicking my butt. I just discovered Yoga and I'm already falling in love but that will be the subject of a whole new post.

No comments: