Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Craving new foods and new cocktail

I know weird title, but I am craving new foods. Meaning food that I haven't cooked in a loooong time. Two christmases ago my husband gave me a cookbook titled simply japanese and I never once made a recipe.
At Ralph today I almost picked up a bottle of sake and decided to look at that book again. So many recipes looked good that I decided I will make a japanese dinner very soon.
Tonight however I just finished the kids meal, rice, edamame, and teriaky chicken. I settled on chicken pad thai for us. I will serve that with a side of raab asian style and cucumber salad for me (I think). I never succeeded at Pad Thai noodle so I will let you know how it went.
Tomorrow night we are having carnitas tacos.
Friday we are having friends over and the menu is up in the air!!! All I know is that I'd like to try to asian pear mojito from PF Changs. I found the recipe online and I'm very eager to try it.
No workout to speak of this week as all my errands/life is getting in the way of my workout schedule. I am hoping to resume this saturday.

1 comment:

JV said...

Asian Pear Mojito... yum-o! You can roll sushi at home, it's fun! My kids love helping.