Sunday, March 29, 2009

wounded ego and sore legs...

I haven't posted in a very long time. So what happened in my oh so glamorous life in the past week. I have started to train with a purpose since I am pretty sure (90%) that I will participate in the Spring Sprint Triathlon May 3rd. I am still not too sure about my ability to complete this event to my satisfaction. I'm hoping I am not raising the bar too high we will see. I have yet to register.
I have also switched my workout schedule around a little and decided to try to work out 3 days a week early. Unfortunately this means that I am going to have some painful runs since I am really sluggish in the morning. I hope it isn't going to take too long to get used to.
However as much as running in the morning is hard, swimming is a pleasure. At 6:45am, the pool is empty, the cool temperature outside made the pool surface foggy. Loved it!
Today I went for a long bike ride, well long to my standards 27 miles. I got lost several times in Rancho Santa Fe. It was really nice but now my legs are really tired. Running tomorrow is going to be interesting. That is for the tired legs part of the title. The wounded ego is due to the fact that I wasn't able to unclip my pedals fast enough and ended up falling of course in front of several cars. I hate when this happens ;)

No comments: