Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day

Yeah it is mother's day... I am not really into mother's day, valentine's day and others day. All I need is a happy mothers day from my kids and some quality time with the family and I'm happy.
On Valentines day a nice dinner with B is all I need.
This week end on the training front I had a 3H00 ride and 1:30 run with some hill repeat at the end.
We had some errands to run and it was pretty hot on saturday so I decided to go run that day and go bike on sunday morning. Happy mother's day to me ;)
After spending 3H00 at the mall, so that B can try every single tee shirt at JCrew, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Sun Diego, Hollister and Express. He is not picky but seriously there is nothing at all for a guy who like relaxed tee fairly thick. The tee shirt are either too narrow, too form fitting, too long, too thin etc.... His job is also super laid back with some kids that could seriously be his own they are 21! Identity crisis .... Anyways he found 2 tee shirts and a pair of shorts! The kids totally scored at Old Navy and I bought MEC three dresses and none of them are Pink or Purple!
I didn't find anything for myself but I wasn't really in the mood for shopping. We had lunch at CPK at 3:30pm, we got home at 4:30pm I dutifully put on my shorts and running shoes and head out the door for my run. First 45min were good slow but good. The first 4 2min hill repeats were strong too but the last 4 were tough and I started to come undone.
We had a late dinner now that I think of it it was the regular time at 9:30pm. I made some lentil salad with tomatoes, mozarella, prosciutto and arugula. Absolutely delicious.
This morning I woke at 8am and needed to get out the door for my bike ride. Yesterday the weather was gorgeous but today not so much.
I drank coffee and ate some toast and got on the road. Since I wasn't too keen on trying a new route by myself I settled on a big funky figure 8 between Carmel Valley and Rancho Santa Fe. I know the roads there so I feel pretty safe.... I started my longest ride to date! It is nothing exceptional but still 42M 3:15min and a few hills!
It was great ride. We then had lunch at the Beach Grass Cafe followed by grocery shopping, homework and an evening with friends.
Very very good week end.

No comments: