Monday, October 20, 2008

Biking adventures

After my painful unrewarding almost humiliating 6.2 miles run on saturday I decided that I would have a long bike ride with my neighbor. I was planning on going for a good 1:30 to 2 hours bike ride. Of course 15 minutes into the rides my legs felt heavy and I decided to be a little more humble and go for a shorter ride.

My friend tells me so what do you want to do hills, easy, long.... We decided on going from Carmel Valley (Carmel Country Rd) to Rancho Santa Fe Farms to Rancho Santa Fe back through El Camino Real.

He warns me the the El Camino Real hills is going to remind me of the ride a couple days after it. Meaning I'm going to suffer, but that was my first ride and I didn't remember El Camino Real being that steep. Long and steady yes, steap not really.

But here was my mistake there is an Old Camino Real and new Camino Real pretty much like there is an Old Torrey Pines steep and a new Torrey Pines road much more steady climb.

It was painful but nice.... and yes I had to stop once in the Rancho Santa Fe hills and actually walk a little bit on the El Camino Real hills.
Need to buy bike capris!

1 comment:

JV said...

You amaze me! You are my idol.