Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ups and downs

These past two weeks have been all ups and downs! Work is doing great. I'm plowing through my workload which is quite heavy and with very tight deadlines for a change. I'm being super productive and it is nice.
Training is doing well although I'm getting a bit tired. I shorten sunday's workout, I willed myself into yesterday evening bike workout but couldn't muster the courage to do tonights. I decided to take the night off and truly enjoyed it. I stretched a little. I took a break before giving all I have til Sunday then it is taper for the race. I have no time goals. I have no place goals. I don't care. All I have is a race strategie which consists on pushing on the swim just enough to get out somewhat fresh, start my bike ride build to high tempo quickly then stay there for half the ride then try to push to threshold. Finally the run, same start off not too fast get into it then start speeding up in the second half! I just want to have fun, I just want to give all I have and we will see what it gives me back. All I know is that I have trained hard I trained right so whatever I get on race day is where I'm at and that's the end of it.

On the downs I believe I shaved off 2lbs! They have been off for a little bit now so I hope it will continue in that direction.

On the house front now that B put back the kids shelves I have been good and started folding my laundry again and put it away as it comes out of the dryer. I have still a backlog of probably 5 loads. The piles of books and other stuff are still where we put them 4 weeks ago.
MAC has been asking when the books will be back in his bedroom! well when we find the courage and time to do that....

No comments: