Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Running running but after what....

Today was interval training, the dreaded 3x1miles at 9:15 min/mile pace. Including warm up and the 2 min recovery I managed to run 5.2 miles. I wanted to go longer but I can't take 2 hours lunch break, 1:30 is already a stretch.
I forced myself to drink G2 before and after the run. I hate it it is siropy and salty at the same time. I also had a pack of GU before running. All this actually kept headache and nausea at bay!
The run was actually much easier than I expected and I was totally drenched in sweat. Each time I exercize I wonder how those beautiful woman manage to look so sexy and refreshed when I am sweaty and red. Do they actually have AC installed?
When we came into the gym, 2 guys were walking on the treadmill. One of them was slow walking up hill in a meditative state.... In which part of the world is this considered working out.... Leave the runners on the treadmill and go enjoy the fresh air outside.
Oops sorry that was really mean and uncalled for but maybe true! I am incorrectible.
I took several break during the afternoon to try to figure out my ideal weight!. According to my BMI I am in the healthy range why don't they have a hot and sexy range. Since I think the BMI stuff is a little crap I decided to use the body fat calculator Of course as expected the result was a little less positive. According to this rough calculation I am 25.6% which is in the acceptance range! Unfortunately I can't lie to myself it is exactly where I am I can hide it under my clothe but not to the naked eye :(
The problem is that at the rate this is going I will be in the in shape range (21-24) in another 10 years or so...
Yeah sadly I have been working on consistently and pretty hard for 13 weeks now. Without being on a hard core diet but yet being careful about what I eat and how much I only lost 1.5lbs!
It is hard to be a woman and it is even harder to grow older! Well maybe it is just the woman part since my husband's body fat puts him in the great shape borderline athlete zone! Not fair furthermore I am not even allowed to complain about not losing weight until an entire year of this workout regimen. Well in those all grim news I can hope to be hot for my 10th year anniversary and 35th birthday!
Now my homemade pizza menu doesn't sound as good as it used to an hour ago...

I just had 2 slices of homemade pizza and lots of salad.

2 comments:

JV said...

OMG, Sophie, I could have WRITTEN this post! Except for that you ARE in the "hot and sexy" category :) (oh, yeah, and I probably wouldn't have run 5.2 miles). I have lost ZERO pounds... so at least you're 1.5 pounds ahead of me...

Bunny said...

reiterate jen's comment that you are a sexy mama.